WHAT PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION ("PII") DOES McGRAW-HILL HIGHER EDUCATION (U.S.) COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
- Contact information that you provide to us, such as your name, title and organization, address, telephone number, fax number, or e-mail address.
- Contact information obtained via other companies' marketing lists.
- Credit card or other payment information for your transactions may be collected.
WHY DOES McGRAW-HILL HIGHER EDUCATION (U.S.) COLLECT PII?
- To process your transactions, maintain your account and respond to your inquiries.
- To provide you with information about services and products that we believe may be of interest to you offered by McGraw-Hill Higher Education.
HOW DOES McGRAW-HILL HIGHER EDUCATION (U.S.) SHARE YOUR PII?
- With our vendors to perform services on our behalf.
- With our business partners, which may include authors, who may jointly develop and offer Higher Education products with McGraw-Hill Higher Education (U.S.).
- Potentially in conjunction with a sale or similar transfer of a business.
- If you use our online products or services, we may share your PII, and other information collected in the course of providing you with our online products and services, with instructors and administrators of your educational institution
- When legally compelled or for other legal purposes.
SECURITY AND ACCURACY
We have established safeguards and use reasonable security measures to protect your PII from unauthorized access and use. Your PII is stored in a secure location in the U.S. and access is limited to authorized persons.
To review and confirm the accuracy of your PII, or to contact us with concerns or questions, please write to: email@example.com or Privacy Official, McGraw-Hill Higher Education, 1333 Burr Ridge Parkway, Burr Ridge, IL 60527.
Please note that by using this site, you consent to the use of the cookies described below.
A "cookie" is a small text file placed on your computer or device, which helps our Web site function better. We may use the following types of cookies on this Web site:
"Strictly necessary" cookies, which have to be set to allow us to deliver the site to you and to provide specific services that you request from us. The services offered by this site that require cookies to function include:
- account log-in
- shopping basket/online store
- comments/blog features
"Performance" or "Analytics" cookies, which help us to collect information about how visitors use our site, and helps us with site analysis and improvements. Performance or analytics cookies will remain on your computer after you close your browser, but cannot be used to identify you personally.
"Functionality" cookies, which allow our site to remember your choices or preferences, such as information on online forms or previous orders. These cookies allow us to offer you a personalized experience while using the site. They are not used to track your browsing activity on other Web sites.
You can change your Web browser's Internet preferences to disable or delete cookies, although that may affect certain functions on this site. To learn how to manage your cookies, please follow the instructions from your specific browser, or follow the links below:
If you are visiting this site using a mobile device such as a smartphone or tablet, please refer to the manufacturer's instructions on how to manage cookies.
IF YOU WANT TO LIMIT USE OR SHARING OF YOUR PII FOR MARKETING PURPOSES:
Write to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or Privacy Official, McGraw-Hill Higher Education, 1333 Burr Ridge Parkway, Burr Ridge, IL 60527 and let us know if you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes by e-mail, mail, telephone or fax - or by any method.
We do not knowingly collect PII from children under the age of 13. If you are under 13, please do not give us any PII.
Last updated:January 2014.Future revisions to this Privacy Notice will be posted at this location.